Book Review: The Sun is Also a Star

I asked for 'The Sun is Also a Star' by Nicola Yoon for Christmas after reading her book 'Everything, Everything'. I was really glad that I did. It was wonderfully emotional book, with beautiful sentiments about love and chemistry. The story is told from two points of view, Natasha who is about to be deported to Jamaica and Daniel who is about to be interviewed by Yale. They struggle with internal conflicts of emotions against practicality. Natasha's love of physics incorporates many interesting facts into the book, and Daniel's love of poetry makes the tale super romantic. The ending was unexpected to me, but lovely all the same. While there are sad undertones to the story, it has an overall happy mood. The racially diverse characters also taught me about Jamaican and Korean societies too. 10/10 would recommend.


Share:

0 comments