DepSoc Travels: Barcelona


This post is a few weeks late as I have been very busy moving in to uni (ahhhhhhh) but I still wanted to share with you what has been one of the most wonderful weeks of my life.

Day 1:

Our flight arrived pretty late so all we had time to do was find the hotel and go and get some dinner. This was when we had our first experience of tapas (and we instantly fell in love). We proceeded to eat nothing but tapas for the rest of the week.


Day 2:

Our second day was the sightseeing day! We saw the gothic quarter, Park Guell, the Arc De Triomf and much more. My favourite sight by far though was the Sagrada Familia, the windows were so beautiful it was like being stood inside of a rainbow! We walked over 18km that day so we got a real flavour of the city, and I loved it so much.


Day 3:

More sightseeing today as we went to La Pedrera and saw Casa Batllo. We also saw the Picasso museum which was great because it was beautiful and we got in for free because of our student status. I think La Pedrera was a wonderful experience though I am terrified of heights so I was clinging to James the whole time we were on the roof.


Day 4: 

Today we visited the Miro Foundation which was a beautiful building filled with beautiful art. I liked it better than the Picasso museum but I think James preferred that. My parents recommended it to me as it was one of the highlights of their trip a few years ago. Later we did some shopping which was good fun too.


Day 5:

On our final day we went on a cable car which gave us a fantastic view of the city from above. We had lunch at the top of the mountain and then headed back down to the chocolate museum which had lots of cool chocolate models. We then had more tapas for our last meal with macaroons for dessert as I'd never had them before.







Share:

0 comments