Best of Beauty 2017

I realise we already as a collective depsoc touched on this in our 2017 Review (available here), but I wanted to go into more depth about my favourite beauty products that I used last year. (This is not an ad, I have not been paid in goods or services to write this review).

Mascara: As I mentioned in the year review, my all time favourite beauty product of this year was the L'Oréal Paril, False Lash Superstar X Fiber mascara. It gives such long, thick lashes and doesn't really clump. I love it.



Before:



After:



Bronzer:  After my amazing advent calendar (reviewed here) I'm afraid there is a bit of a No.7 theme to this post! The No.7 Bronzer in maple has allowed me to contour without leaving huge brown streaks across my face. Love. It.



Before:



After:



Perfume: Chanel, Coco Mademoiselle. This is my grown up perfume and I always save it for special occasions. It's my boyfriend's favourite too, which is a bonus. I got it for Christmas in 2016 so it's lasted really well so far. When I start earning a bit more money I'll wear nothing but this perfume, I just adore it.



Foundation: The only foundation I have ever found that is pale enough for my skin is the Isadora Hydralight, water-based, oil free, matte foundation in shade 60 (Blond Beige). I hate looking orange but sometimes I just want to give my face a light coverage and this is perfect for that.



Before:



After:



Primer: No.7 Airbrush Away Primer. Part of the reason why I rarely wear foundation is because it makes my face feel heavy and dry and sticky. This primer gives a light, refreshing base that eliminates this problem for me. Wonderful.



Concealer: No.7 Match Made Concealer in Cool Ivory. This product actually wasn't in my advent calendar, I've been using it for years. It's so easy to apply because it is a stick and it stays put all day. Perfect for hiding dark circles.



Before:



After:



Moisturiser: No.7 Beautiful Skin Hydration Mask. Another No.7 product that wasn't in my advent calendar! I use this a couple of times a week and it leaves me feeling hydrated as anything. I have been using this since I was 14, it's that good.



Eyeshadow: Sleek Makeup i-Divine Au Naturel 601 palette. This eyeshadow is nice and pigmented, gorgeous colours and has a good mix of matte and metallic colours. What's not to like? I'm going to try more of Sleek's products this year because they are cheap and so far everything I have used has been excellent quality.



Before:



After:



Eyebrow: Rimmel Professional Eyebrow Pencil. This gives me defined, sharp looking brows. It's easy to apply and can easily give different shades of eyebrow depending on how much pressure you use on it.



Before:



After:



Highlight: Sleek Cleopatra's Kiss Highlighting Palette. I have raved and raved about this palette. It gives a precise line of sparkle, blends easily, looks fantastic and has pink or gold hues that go with any makeup look. It's fantastic.



Before:



After:



Lips: I seriously considered putting vaseline as my top product because it's been a life saver this winter, but I decided to be less boring and put my Essence lipstick in shade 07 Natural Beauty. This nude is subtle and moisturising but still gives a nice pink pop. Good for everyday wear.



Before:



After:



Eyeliner: Maybelline Master Precise Liquid Liner. This is excellent for cat eyes and gives such an easy straight line that anyone can achieve it. It's been one of my favourite products since my moody eyeliner phase when I was 15.



Before:




After:



Hair: I don't know where I'd be this year without Batiste Dry Shampoo. Some mornings your hair just needs a quick pick me up and this is a god send for that. My favourite scent has been cherry, but this oriental one smells good too.



Hair Removal: This shaving foam smells GORGEOUS. It's vanilla and delicious. Also very effective at it's job. The lavender or violet (can't remember) is good too but doesn't smell as amazing.



Nail Polish: Since I bite my nails and I had to have surgery on my toe this year, I haven't used any nail polish. However, the No.7 gel colours from my advent calendar were lush so those are well worth checking out!



Make Up Remover: No.7 Beautiful Skin Micellar Cleansing Water. Another advent calendar gem! It's honestly the best make up remover I have ever used. So so good. You need this in your life. (This was after a single wipe).




Share:

0 comments