Depsoc Travels: Berlin (again)


So my boyfriend's family decided to take their yearly holiday to Berlin, and they very kindly invited me along. I've been many times before, had free accommodation and speak fluent German so they thought I could be helpful to them. I had a really lovely time, and thought I would share some highlights with you. 


The Brandenburg Gate is always amazing to visit, it's so beautiful and always has so many tourists around which I like because it's great for people watching.


Checkpoint Charlie was actually new to me. It's always been just a little too far away from everywhere else I've been in Berlin so it was very interesting to experience. There was also lots of information about the wall and divided Germany which was fascinating.


The museum island! One of my favourite places in Berlin. It's so beautiful and there's so much to do with the many interesting museums you can visit. I can't wait to go back and explore this further!


The Berlin Cathedral, huge, beautiful and imposing. Wonderful.



The Charlottenburg Schloss is really close to my family's flat, and it's one of my favourite spots in the city. It's gorgeous inside and outside, has a really great museum inside and has lovely gardens. There's also a great Christmas market here in December.


Going up the TV tower was really good fun! It gave such a good view (see below) and was another new experience for me. 10/10, would recommend.




Finally, as it was cold we spent a lot of time doing indoor activities. We went to Little Big City, Sea Life Centre, the Aquarium and a few shops. The highlight of this had to be this elevator which went up the middle of the fish tank! So cool.




Share:

0 comments