My top 10 favourite things to watch on Netflix

I have been going through a bit of a dry patch on Netflix recently, and if you have too then you might enjoy some of my favourites. This is not an ad! I just enjoy these shows :) (This is based on the UK version of Netflix, other countries may have different availabilities).


  • Riverdale. This is quite a common one, but I've been really enjoying it. The story follows a group of teenagers trying to solve the murder of one of their class mates. Romance, suspense and high school drama are all wrapped up in the tale. Plus Cole Sprouse is gorgeous as a dark brooding man.
  • Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging. This is my all time favourite movie. It tells the story of a teenage girl in love, and her struggle to fit in. It's hilarious and heartwarming and there's an adorable cat. A real feel good film with an amazing sound track.
  • Miranda. One of my childhood heroes, Miranda will never fail to make you giggle. Short episodes follow a woman in her mid-thirties while she dates, hangs out with her friends and runs a joke shop (and makes many funny blunders). I'm hoping season 4 will be added to Netflix soon but for the time being you can watch seasons 1-3 there. 
  • Pretty Little Liars. Four teenagers struggle to come to terms with the disappearance of their best friend. On top of this, they now have a dangerous cyber bully. This series is creepy and gripping, with romance and friendship as underlying themes throughout. Thoroughly enjoyed.
  • Gossip Girl. So funny and dramatic! I was so hooked on this show while I was watching it and actually enjoyed it enough that I would consider rewatching it. You'll be kept on your toes guessing who gossip girl is right until the end.
  • The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. This show is massively funny, Will Smith and co. had me giggling away every episode. Yet this show also deals with some important issues, such as race, love, family and drugs. Definitely worth a watch.
  • Friends. MY ALL TIME FAVOURITE TV SHOW! I know there has been a lot of controversy over whether this show is sexist etc. recently but I don't think so. I love love love this show it's hilarious, but also has very emotional and romantic scenes too. Phoebe Buffet will forever be my idol, she's fantastic.
  • Skins. Much more dramatic than real life but some very real everyday problems dealt with. Religion, homophobia, death, drugs, mental health, sex, love and friendship are all covered in many ways and it's heartbreaking and heartwarming at different moments. I got so hooked I watched it all in about 3 days.
  • Mamma Mia. This is my Oma's favourite movie, and it's one of mine too. I love ABBA and these versions of the songs have me singing and dancing along every time. I also think the story line is really sweet and romantic. I have watched this 1000 times and I am sure I will watch it 1000 more.
  • Shrek. Gotta love Shrek. All 4 movies are available on Netflix.




Share:

0 comments